Holly and Heather’s Handy Hint: Reinvent Yourself!
Holly’s daughter has not gotten her hair cut in a while. “I want to grow it long, Mom” she would say. And it is getting long, but needed a minor trim. So after a washing, it was combed out and trimmed at home, ever so slightly, barely noticeable to even the trimmer (Holly). But when the eleven year old woke up the next day, she felt like a whole new person. “It’s gorgeous,” she said. “I look beautiful!” How funny that such a small thing can make us feel so good about ourselves! And we don’t need to spend a lot of money or time to make it happen. So this week’s hints include some ideas for making small changes to the everyday ordinary circumstances of life that will hopefully boost your spirits and bring new vigor to your attitude!
* Give yourself a manicure or pedicure. A new coat of polish and/or a good foot soak is worth admiring when complete.
* Trim up a pair of old pants and turn them into capris. You can even add embellishments to the “new” bottoms – iron ons, beads or ribbon.
* Grab an old cookbook and look up a new recipe for dinner. We are amazed at how many ways there are to cook chicken as compared to how many ways we actually cook it!
* Rearrange the furniture in one room in your house. Talk about reinvention! You will feel like you’ve come home to a whole new place!
* Do your makeup or hair a little differently today. Try a new shade or a new ‘do.
* Tell yourself how awesome you are and believe it. Try it for a week and see what happens! Post a reply and keep us updated!
Any other suggestions from our readers?